Trip Trade Requests
Process for Creating a Trade Request
When you are ready to create a trade request, it is best to follow the steps below:
- How to Get Current Trip Information
- How to Search for an Available Trip
- Create a Trade Request
- Check Legality
- Submit Trade to Skynet
Manually Refresh the Available Trips:
- Click on Trade Board, Available Trips or Open Trips in the Trip Area of the Left Side Panel.
- Click the Refresh toolbar button or select the drop down arrow and choose a specific item to refresh.
- Click View, Refresh Specific Items from the Menu Bar, and choose a specific item to refresh.
Crew Companion Automatically Refreshes the Available Trips:
The trip data is refreshed on startup and at the selected interval on the Tools, Options, Refresh tab. Check any other boxes that you want pulled on startup and when the Refresh button on the toolbar is checked. Keep in mind that if you check “My Calendar and Trip Details” next to Refresh on Startup, this may take longer for your computer to load Crew Companion because it will automatically log you into Unimatic and refresh the trip information.
Note: Crew Companion will only pull trips for your selected Domicile, Fleet and Seat.
Note: If you are on the either the 777 or the 400 fleet, Crew Companion will also check for CRAF/MAC trips under the ORD D10 and ORD 747 fleets respectively and located in other domiciles if the first leg is a deadhead. These trips will indicate the Domicile and fleet the data was pulled from in the Comment section of the Trips & Trade Display Pane along with the word "LIFT".
Once a Refresh has been performed and the Available Trips are displayed, now you are ready to browse the trips in the Trips & Trade Display Pane. The trips that have come open since the last time you checked will be bold. Simply click on any trip to display it in the My Calendar Pane and to see the Trip Details, double click or right mouse click on the trip.
In the My Calendar Pane, your current CALREC and the number of trades available for each day will be displayed for the selected month. If you click on a trip in the trip list, it will be shopped in your line to allow you to see whether you like the trip, how it affects your monthly pay and whether it is legal in the monthly Summary Pane.
Once you have identified which trip you want, the next step is to create the trade request. Depending upon if you are a lineholder or reserve pilot, the type of trade request you create will vary. Click the links below for step by step instructions on how to create a specific type of trade request.
- Direct Trade Request
- Direct Trade Request Into a Specific ID – Creates a direct trade request for the selected trip.
- Direct Trade Request Into More Than One Specific ID - Creates a direct trade request to train into more than one trip ID.
- Direct Trade Request Into a Specific ID and Trade Away a Trip – Creates a direct trade request to trade away a trip and into another trip ID.
- Trade Away One Trip and Trade Into Nothing – Creates a direct trade request to trade away a trip.
- Propose Pilot-to-Pilot – Creates a trade proposal for the selected trip to a specific pilot.
- Create a Vacation Drop – drop a trip as a vacation drop.
- Smart Trade (criteria based)
- Smart Trade Request Pickup Only – Create a trip pickup request based on criteria. This WILL automatically create a listing on the Trips Wanted subset of the Trade Board.
- Trade Away one trip and into a set of criteria. This WILL automatically create a Trade Board Post and when some other pilot clicks the 'Contact Owner' button, they'll be able to propose a pilot-to-pilot 'handshake' trade with you if they like your trip.
- Trade Away more than one trip and into a set of criteria - If you have multiple trips that you want to Trade Away they can all be contained within the same Trade Request or you can create a separate trade request for each one. By creating a Trade Request for multiple trips, this WILL create a Trade Board Post also.
Note: You do not need to Trade Away a trip in order to Trade Into another trip.
- Aggressive Pickup - Pickup a specific trip ID
- Smart Pickup - Create a pickup request that matches a set of criteria
Manage or Modify a Trade Request
Once you have created a trade request, you may need to make modifications to the trade, refer to Manage and Modify Trade Requests for more information on how to do this.
For step by step instructions on how to Create Smart Trades, Create a Direct Trade, Create a Vacation Drop, Submit Trades, and Bulletin Board Post, refer to the Video Tutorials.