Manage and Modify Trade Requests
After a trade request has been created, you may need to rename, save, delete, or move the trade up and down in the list. For SkyNet trades that have been submitted, editing is not allowed because the time stamp would change moving that trade to the bottom of the list. All of these functions can be performed by clicking Trade from the Menu Bar or right mouse click on a specific trade request.
NOTE: Once a trade has been uploaded to SkyNet, it cannot be edited although it can be deleted and then recreated as desired. This is done to eliminate confusion that could occur if editing was allowed. Editing a trade request would change the time stamp moving the trade to the bottom of the order.
Once the trade request has been created, it will appear in the Trade Pane Area of the Left Side Panel. By default the trade name will appear as Trade 1, Trade 2, etc. It is best to rename the trade request with something that is meaningful. To change the name of a trade request, click Trade, Rename or perform a slow double click on the trade to rename it.
You can tell if a trade request was saved by looking next to the name of the Trade. If the diskette icon appears, you need to save the trade request. Click the Save button in the center of the Trade Pane Area.
Once a Smart Trade request has been created, you may need to make a modification to the criteria or add more criteria. To edit a Smart Trade:
- Click on the specific Smart Trade, and then click Trade, Edit Smart Trade List.
- Right mouse click on the Smart Trade and click Edit List.
- Double click the specific Smart Trade.
If a trade request is no longer needed, delete the trade by:
- Click on the specific trade request, and then click Trade, Delete.
- Right mouse click on the trade request and click Delete.
- Left click on the trade and press the Delete key on the keyboard.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
Notice that when you delete a trade, you will be prompted to confirm deletion and you cannot Undo this action.
You may have created a trade request and want to create another trade request based off the same trade or criteria. You can easily do this by:
- Click on the specific trade request, and then click Trade, Duplicate Trade.
- Right mouse click on the trade request and click Duplicate Trade.
If you have created a lot of trade requests and would like to order them based upon the trip, criteria you have set, you can Move Up in List or Move Down in List. Note: This will have no affect on the order of which Smart Trade is performed first.
- Click on the specific trade request and then click Trade, Move Up in List or Move Down in List.
- Right mouse click on the trade request and click Move Up in List or Move Down in List