The Notifications Settings tab on the Options dialog is where you set the method by which you want to receive notifications for open trips or successful trades and pickups. This is also called a Notification Method and may include email, cell phone text message (SMS), and/or phone (voice message) to any 10 digit US phone number for Platinum customers.
Note: Notifications of newly open trips and/or trips newly posted to the bulletin board are only sent if you are at least a Gold Subscriber
To set the Notification Methods:
- Check the box next the Method area.
- Click the drop down arrow under Method and select from:
- Email - will send an Email to the specified address containing full details regarding an Open trip or successful trade request.
- Cell Text Messages - will send a notification formatted as a text message of less than 160 characters to the standard address for the selected carrier.
- Custom Text Address - will send a notification formatted as a text message of less than 160 characters to the standard address sent to the address entered.
- Phone (voice) - will send an automated voice notification to your cell phone. Note: This feature is only available if you are a Platinum Subscriber.
- In the Address or Number field, enter the appropriate information. You do not need to enter the “1” before the telephone number. It is a good idea to separate the area code with parenthesis (xxx) or a dash “-“ to ensure that you do not miss entering a number.
- If you choose Cell SMS as an option, you will also need to choose the Carrier. Click the drop down arrow under Carrier and select from the list.
- When finished, click OK.
It is always a good idea to Send Test Notification to ensure that all Notification Methods are working properly. Click the Send Test Notification button to do this.
If you would like to receive a notification when you create or modify a Notification Criteria, check the box next to “Send a message when notification criteria is updated.”
Check the box next to “Keep Crew Companion updated with Skynet Notifications” if you want Crew Companion to forward notifications of completed SkyNet trades to each of your selected notification methods.
In the Excludes Notify Times section of the Notifications tab, you can specify when you do not want to receive notifications. For example, if you do not want to be notified by your Notification Methods (Email and cell phone) between 7:00pm and 5:00am, click and drag to select those times.
Note: You can also click on the Time Heading “00:00” or Day Heading “Fri” to select the entire column or row.